Great Lakes Nationals
FOR MORE GREAT LAKES NATIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ BELOW!
Welcome to the 2023 USSSA Great Lakes National Tournament. You will find here info that you will need for the National Tournament.
Tournament theme: Is a Circus/Carnival Theme.
Activities and opening ceremonies.
- Skills Competitions will begin at 8:00 AM CST on Monday July 10th. Continue reading in this information packet to find the time your age group is assigned for skills competition, along with fields of competition.
- All skills competition will be held at Deaconess Sports Complex.
- You will find the rules to skills competition in this packet also.
- Winners will be announced at opening ceremonies at 3:30PM at Garvin Park on Monday afternoon.
- Opening ceremonies begin at 3:00 PM and last to 6:00 PM
- There is NO CHARGE to come to Opening Ceremonies. We have a lot of fun activities scheduled for opening ceremonies.
- Bring your swimsuit as we will have free swimming, splash pads, Bounce Houses, Rock Wall Climbing, Games, Food Trucks, Entertainment, Vendors, A DJ and more.
- All games will be 75-minute games and finish the inning.
- Pool play games may end in a tie.
- Run Rules are: 12 after 3 innings, 10 after 4 innings and 8 after 5 innings of play.
- Teams may bat the entire roster if they choose.
- If you bat the entire roster and an injury occurs an out will be recorded in that spot each time the player comes to bat.
- Courtesy runner will be a sub if you have one. If no sub, then the last completed at bat because the courtesy runner.
- The same courtesy runner cannot run for both the pitcher and catcher in the same inning.
- Teams may use a DP/Flex. Those two players are locked in as one. Both players can play on defense at the same time.
- Any time you sub in for your pitcher or catcher you need to report this to the plate umpire for courtesy runner purposes.
- In pool play a coin flip will determine the home team.
- In bracket play we will use the rule of the higher seed to be home.
- All rosters must be online including guest players 14 days prior to the start of the event.
- Rosters will be locked and frozen at that time.
- At no time are teams allowed to use a player that has played higher class throughout the season.
- Protest games are $200 cash. If you win the protest, you will have fees returned.
- Make sure to list all players on your roster including subs. First and last name, players number and position she is playing.
USSSA Pride Camp
Location: Deaconess Sports Complex
Address: 4300 Heckel RD Evansville, Indiana 47725
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST
Fields: 1 through 4
Location: Deaconess Park
Address: 4300 Heckel RD Evansville, Indiana 47725
Times: 8:00 AM
Fields: 5 through 8
Coaches check in:
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Location Garvin Park
Check-in will be at Garvin Park between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM CST.
All teams must have someone pick up their packet as the packets will have your coaches’ bands in them that you will need to have when entering the park.
Each team will receive 3 coaches passes.
Location: Garvin Park
Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Skills winners will be announced at 3:30 PM CST
Skills Competition Times, age fields:
Home run contest
- Each team can have 2 players entered in the home run and base running contest:
- Around the horn will be all infielders.
- 13u-18U players hit from home plate.
- 11U and 12U hit from pitcher’s mound.
- 8U-10 hit from 2nd
- Each player gets 5 pitches. In case of a tie, we will do tiebreaker with 3 pitches until we get a winner.
- Hitters must provide their own pitcher. You can soft toss.
Base running contest:
- Each team is allowed 2 runners.
- Base running times will start at home plate and end at home plate.
- If a player misses a base that player is disqualified.
- In case of tie, we will have a runoff.
Around the Horn
- Each team will have 6 players on the infield.
- Players needed are Pitcher, Catcher, 2nd 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base and SS.
- Fastest time recorded is winners.
- Pitcher to start on mound. Time begins on the release of the pitch or when the official says go. Pitcher to catcher, catcher throws down to 2nd base who must tag bag, 2nd base throws to 1st base who must touch bag. 1st base throws to SS who must be on 2nd base and touch bag, 2nd base throw to 3rd base who must be touching bag, 3rd base throws to home plate and catcher must be on home plate.
- In case of tie, we will and a tie breaker.
Skills Competition times, age, and fields:
- All times are CST
8:00 AM Home run derby Field 5
8:45 AM Base running contest Field 6
9:30 AM Around the horn Field 7
8:00 AM Home run Derby Field 8
8:00 AM Base running contest Field 6
8:45 AM Around the horn Field 7
8:00 AM Around the horn Field 7
8:45 AM Home run derby Field 5
9:30 AM Base Running contest Field 6
8:45 AM Home Run Derby Field 8
10:15 AM Base running contest Field 6
11:00 AM Around the Horn Field 7
9:30 AM Home run derby Field 5
10:15 AM Around the horn Field 7
11:45 AM Base Running contest Field 6
9:30 AM Home run derby Field 8
11:00 AM Base running contest Field 6
11:45 AM Around the Horn Field 7
10:15 AM Home Run Derby Field 8
11:45 AM Base Running Field 6
12:30 PM Around the Horn Field 7
10:15 AM Home Run Derby Field 5
11:45 AM Around the horn Field 7
12:30 PM Base running Field 6
USSSA ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY:
ANY SPECTATOR REMOVED FROM A GAME WILL BE EJECTED FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK. OUR STAFF IS HERE TO SERVE AS A NEUTRAL GROUP AND CARE LESS WHO WINS OR LOSES GAME. WHAT WE WANT IS FOR THESE YOUNG LADIES TO EXPEREINCE A MEMORY OF A LIFETIME. THE ZERO TOLERANCE RULE GOES FOR THE ABUSE OF USSSA STAFF, UMPIRES, GATE PERSONNEL, PARK MAINTENANCE, PARK STAFF, AND CONCESSION WORKERS.
RAINOUT POLICY AND INFORMATION:
RAINOUT NUMBER 812-350-3272
We will also send email out to teams including parents.
Rainout refund policy:
This is a national event and there are no refund policies as a large amount of your fees have gone to help host the activities for this event.
The tournament director has the right to change the format of the game in case of inclement weather. This is but not limited to reducing the number of games played, shorten game times, cancel pool play games, start with a count on the batter, drop losers’ bracket. If necessary, bracket play will be seeded on team’s power ranking. This is only in case the pool play is not able to finish.
Gate fees for the tournament: Please make sure to always have passes on.
Weekly Passes: $40
Day passes: $15
Seniors weekly: $30
Seniors daily: $10
Children under 8 Free
Tournament Director: Tim Foster Columbus, Indiana
Tournament Head UIC: Chad Roach Georgetown, Illinois
Site Director: Rich Day Walesboro, Indiana
Site Director: Darrin Brooks Columbus, Indiana
Site Director: Brian” Bo” Foster Edinburgh, Indiana
Site Director: Jerry Burton Columbus, Indiana